Thursday, June 21, 2012

Likeability

This week I had my final interviews with an organization that I would LOVE to work for. I honestly can't recall a job that I have ever wanted more. This is basically my dream scenario, because it combines my past experience and expertise in nonprofit and public policy, and my passion for certain social issues that are extremely important to me. 

I began the process with this organization back at the end of April, and since that time have met with 8 different people at the organization, the last of which was the Executive Director. The more people that I talked to, the more I wanted the job.  Everyone was just so......likeable! Plus, the organization seemed to facilitate my appreciation for all things random. In addition the the Zombie Apocalypse interview question and the light sabers in the conference room, this week's interviews included the scooters parked in the conference room, my would-be-boss showing up carrying a dodge ball, and a conversation with the Executive Director about the Wu Tang Clan and the movie Step Brothers. Seriously?!?!?! Dream Job. I could not have imagined the interview going better, but I also don't know how many people they are bringing through the process. I am cautiously optimistic, and dangerously hopeful that I will receive an offer sometime next week.

One of the things that I appreciate most, is that the Executive Director mentioned during our conversation that the reason they had me meet with so many people was in part to make sure that I had the skills and smarts to do the job, but also to make sure that I fit in with the group dynamic, and that I was likeable. To me, that speaks volumes about the team atmosphere, and positive energy of the organization, and I truly hope that I can be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment