Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day which means mandatory grilling. Unfortunately, my dad, the master griller, was 1200 miles away, and J's grilling expereince is limited to turning on the propane. I don't know that he has ever flipped a burger in his life. Maybe that experience will come when he is actually a dad....

Fortunately for us, J's partner from work invited us to come out to Long Island, along with his other teammate and his wife, and the 6 of us spent the day on the patio, enjoying the sun, sangria, and all sorts of grill-ables. I love Long Island. I haven't seen that many trees since we left Wisconsin almost a year ago. It was so nice to get out of the city for a day, and spend time getting to know new friends.

That said, by around 4pm, J and I had both most certainly contracted skin cancer. We are SO burnt! I have this awesome 1/2 leg burn that formed around the leg that was crossed over the top of it, and J looks like he dipped his face in red paint. We look ridiculous.  I tried to take a picture, but the glare coming off of my leg didn't photograph well. :(  This is not us, but one of the best sunburn pictures I have ever seen:




Today I got the word that I have a final interview tomorrow with the organization that I have been in process with. I am excited, nervous, and trying to remain optimistic. In an attempt to find a witty meme to accompany the ever-exciting job interview portion of my blog post, I stumbled across this winner, which has nothing to do with my job, but made me LOL.


And now, a couple of miscellaneous things that made me laugh today:




No comments:

Post a Comment