Thursday, June 7, 2012

Firsts

Today, I experienced several firsts:

* The first time I have witnessed a drug deal go down in the park near my house, while simultaneously hoping that I remained physically ambiguous enough to not be recognized in the future. I don't think it was anything hard core, because they were pricing whatever they were selling at $50 and didn't seem too concerned that an innocent looking girl with a huge mean-ass looking dog were walking by at the same time.
*  The first time I have ever been spoken to by a Hasidic Jew. I am totally serious about this being a big deal to me.  I currently live in a very diverse neighborhood, and back home, I grew up always smiling or saying hi to people when I passed them on the sidewalk.  I started getting super paranoid because the Jewish people that I would walk past would never respond, and have even crossed to the complete opposite side of the street.  I was wondering if I had a total bitch-face and didn't know it, or if it was something culturally that I wasn't aware of that prevented them from talking to me. I seriously have been doing research and haven't come up with an answer yet, but I feel like when I walk through the neighborhood, I am wearing a big "I'm a goy" sign on my forehead. I'm not offended, just super curious.  Today, however a Jewish woman had a short, but friendly conversation with me about my dog, and it made me ridiculously happy!  I intentionally live in one of the most diverse neighborhoods around, and I am sincerely interested in learning more about my neighbors, so this was a big step!

*  I got my first UTI. And that, my friends, sucks a bag of dicks. I will be consuming cranberry juice like it is going out of style, and hoping that in the relatively near future, I don't feel like I am holding a pee while also having someone stand on my gut. 
*  First time I agreed to go to the beach since I balooned up like the Michelin Man. I don't f'ing care. I will be a chubby chick at the beach, and anyone who has a problem can suck it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment