Sunday, May 6, 2012

My Czyk List

Why hello there! If you are reading this, it is probably because you are sitting in your sweats on a Saturday, maybe drinking coffee, watching bad TV, and feeling a bit bored with the direction your day is going.  I am here to tell you that this blog will not help turn your day around. :P

I overuse emoticons. I use swears as nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs. I judge people that drive Hummers. I talk freely about poop. I cry watching YouTube videos.  I know at least 15 different names for the vagina.  And I am an open book.

So why the Czyk List?

When I got married almost 5 years ago, I had this spectacular 5-year plan all laid out, which, I can safely say, has gone to shit. While, in all fairness, I did scratch a few things off the list, I can't say that I was remotely close to successful.  What is it that they say about the best-laid plans??  This was my checklist: 
  • Buy House
  • Finish Grad School
  • Get dog
  • Find Awesome Job
  • Have Baby
  • Take Yearly Vacations
This is what WASN'T on my checklist, that has subsequently been checked off:
  • Move accross the country
  • Live in a small apartment in a big city
  • Find terrible job that made me want to barf on a daily basis
  • Quit said job, and be unemployed
  • Be infertile
So here I am, 5 years later, taking things a day at a time, and creating new checklists as I go. To make things a little more interesting, I am hereby taking requests for items to put on my checklist.  When applicable, I will post photos of your suggestions being checked off my list. Thanks for subjecting yourself to the black hole that is my life!

Note: For the sake of clarification, my blog title "Czyk List" is a nod to my spectacularly Polish last name, not a horrific spelling error.

No comments:

Post a Comment