Monday, May 28, 2012

5/28/12 Czyk List

I have been AWOL, but with good reason.  My roommate from college was in town for the weekend, and we had lots of activities planned. Sidebar: everytime I hear the word "activities" I think of the movie Step Brothers and doing karate in the garage. 

In any case......I had so much freaking fun, I have spent all day today recovering.  Yesterday we went on a champagne brunch cruise on a schooner on the Hudson.  We spent a few hours cruising out past the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, while sipping on mimosas and taking in an absolutely amazing day. Being on the water is my "happy place." 

Later in the evening we decided we wanted to go to a rooftop bar, so my friend could take in some views of the city. On our walk through midtown, we decided to stop at Joe Fresh, which is a clothing store that just opened. It was near closing time and the staff were really awesome. Like we could have been friends in real life. The music was banging, we were the only people in the store, and it became obvious that we needed to have a walk-off.  For those of you that don't know, a  walk off is like a dance-off that occurs on an imaginary runway of sorts. I went first. I wasn't totally in the groove, but I pulled out a few moves reminiscent of Saturday Night Fever and was not too disappointed with my performance.  My friend K followed, and admittedly had superior moves.  It was like a combo of MJ and Chris Brown rolled into one.  I should note that at this point, the collective staff had gathered around both levels of the store to watch the walk-off. I am not exaggerating when I say it was about 30 people all around the balcony and main floor. The pressure was on. K's roommate E TOTALLY threw down.  It was amazing.  She pulled out the moonwalk, the side-moonwalk and the worm and it was totally effortless. The entire staff broke out into applause.  Yes, there we were, in Joe Fresh at 10:30pm on a Sunday, having a walk-off.

We headed out, still on a mission to get to the rooftop bar. (Bear in mind, that at this point, no one had had anything to drink yet....)  As we passed Lord & Taylor, E noticed that one of thebig display windows had no glass in it. Naturally, this was an opportunity to pretend to be a manneqin in the window of one of the high- end department stores on Fifth Ave.  E and K both climbed into the window to pose, and A and I took photos and lured unsuspecting tourists towards the window, where E and K jumped and scared the shiit out of people. HI-LARIOUS. Yes, I am 31 years old, and found this funny.

We eventually made it to the rooftop bar and had the best time, making it home sober by 1am. The moral of this story is that having fun is a state of mind, and the 30's can kiss my ass. A little drinky-drinky can be a good time for sure, but so can being sober with people that don't take themselves too seriously and enjoy the hell out of life.  I can be 30-something, with responsibilities, and still have a good time.  I hope that NEVER changes.

My czyk list today only contained one item:

Relax and recover from the weekend.

Done and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment