Sunday, May 20, 2012

5/20/12 Czyk List

As per usual, I wasn't able to check everything off my list yesterday. I was overtaken by updating my goodreads bookshelves, catching up on Facebook gossip, and watching back-to-back episodes of My Ghost Story. I did manage to get in a 5 mile hike with the dog, which my ever-expanding ass surely thinks me for.

Today's agenda is short, but critical.  Living in an apartment in Queens has presented a few challenges that I have never had to face before. The first of which is sparce nearby parking and the prerequisite planning before bringing any heavy or large purchase home. There are metered parking spaces in front of my building, but because I live on a relatively busy street, the spaces are almost always full.  The "Queens way" is to simply double-park people in, turn on your four-ways, and do whatever the hell you want, but my constant fear of someone running into my car (not a far stretch, by the way), have prevented me from participating in this practice.

 In any case, we ran out of dog food this week, so I went and picked up our regular 35 pound bag from Petco. Usually, I make J lug the bag back to the apartment, but since he was out of town for work, that wasn't an option.  There were no metered spots in front of the building, and traffic was a bit too heavy to even consider the double-park manuver. So I went to plan B.....which was to leave the dog food in the car for as long as it took to either secure a spot in front, or have J home to carry it in. It has now been 3 days.  Don't worry, my dog has eaten, thanks to the Mexican grocery on the corner which happens to carry a moderate selection of dog food. I am sure my dog is thrilled to have enjoyed an entire weekend of junkfood for dogs.

Today's Checklist:

*  Bring in dog food
*  Do laundry (down to 2 towels)
*  Clean the apartment
*  Funfetti cake??
*  Finally introduce myself to the guy that own the Mexican grocery
*  Come up with more interesting damn checklist items. B-O-R-I-N-G

Isn't there a saying about doing something every day that scares you? Yeah, double parking in Queens scares me, but I am trying to think bigger here.....

No comments:

Post a Comment