Tuesday, May 8, 2012

5/7/12 Czyk list

Well, my checklist yesterday was a bit of a fail.  I made it to the mall, but cleaning and interview prep didn't happen.  I was too busy watching Long Island Medium and sipping on cake flavored vodka and pineapple juice. :(  FWIW, I almost never drink....I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had in the last year.....until I found the cake flavored vodka. Oy vey. It is so good!

In any case, my mall trip was a good one. I got 2 work appropriate tops....neither of which I can find pictures for, so unfortunately I can't give you any opportunity to talk into wearing something else. ;)  I usually go pretty conservative with an interview suit, and throw some personality into the top or jewelry. I feel like if I go too conservative it would be false advertisement, but if I show too much personality, I might scare them away. ;) I also took my OCD/Type A self for a spin by doing a practice run to the building where my interview is.  In NYC, it is pretty critical to scope out the nearest Metro stations, Google-map the building, and Hopstop  directions, or you could be up a creek without a  paddle.  Half of the buildings don't even have addresses, and all I needed was to be sitting on a curb crying somewhere because I couldn't find my interview.  All is well with the world however, I found it, and am ready to roll!

Today's checklist was pretty short, but I checked everything off!

Spend all day trying to get the husband home from OOT
Wash towels
Watch Ghost Whisperer
Take dog to daycare
Practice Interview
Try to determine the source of the foul odor in my living room

My husband went on a little weekend excursion with some friends from back home, and because my parents are awesome and worked for the airlines for over 40 years, we have some pretty phenomenal travel benefits.  That said, we always fly standby, and unfortunately today, standby wasn't cutting it.  Every last flight out was oversold, and there were dozens of people waiting on standby. I literally spent about 6 hours trying to re-list flights, find long-shot openings re-routed through other cities, and get the dear boy on a flight.  Alas, the saving grace was a delayed flight to Memphis that had several seats open up due to the late takeoff. He didn't make it home tonight, but honestly, who doesn't want to spend the night in Memphis, home of The King? He'll be home tomorrow, and I am pretty stoked.

Finally however, while I tried to determine the source of the foul odor in my living room,  I was not able to nail it down.  For now, I am blaming the dog. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment