Sunday, July 22, 2012

Oh Yeah, Forgot to Mention.....

I went out to brunch with a friend yesterday, and as we were talking, she kindly reminded me that I had never posted a blog update about the three-month-long job saga. SO, here I am with that update.

Last Monday, I got a call from the Executive Director of the organization, officially offering me the position!  I was honestly quite impressed that the ED called me himself to welcome me to the organization. That small gesture alone speaks highly to what I believe will be a good level of job satisfaction. I start tomorrow, and am really excited to get to know people, and to get to work.

That said, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.  With every new work experience there is a learning curve, where you don't really know what you are doing, haven't formed relationships yet, and are praying that they don't at some point look at you like you are a doofus and question their hiring decision. I know I have mentioned this before, but I am an introvert that has grown adept at the "fake-it-till-you-make-it" mentality.  This doesn't mean that I don't get terrified as hell walking into a new environment, however. I am hoping that tomorrow will go well, and I can make it through the first day relatively unscathed. Thanks to all of you that have offered encouragment during this process. I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment