Thursday, July 5, 2012

Celebrating America's Independance

Here we are in one of the most amazing cities in the world, and our lack of friends and knowledge of area attractions has seriously wounded our ability to celebrate holidays appropriately. Back home, July 4th consisted of parades, BBQ's in the park, outdoor games, sparklers, family, and watching the fireworks display over the city of  St.Paul.

This July 4th consisted of sleeping in, doing laundry, watching the classic Civil War film, Glory, and naturally, dining at a German restaurant. :) But don't you worry, the night was capped off with several competitive games of Angry Birds between DH  and I, and a nice televised viewing of the Macy's Fireworks display in NYC.....just 9 short miles from our home. The lameness has reached a whole new level!! 

In other news, this Tuesday I had a meeting with the organization I have been in the interview process with.  I don't remember if I shared, but last week they told me that they thought I was overqualified for the position I originally applied for, but told me they thought I would be a great fit with the organization, and gave me two other job descriptions to look over, and basically told me to pick one!  I spent the weekend thinking it over, and brought some questions with me on Tuesday. I was able to settle on a position that I am really excited about!  Now I am just waiting to hear final details!  As I have shared, the whole interview process has been interesting....from the Zombie apocalypse interview question, to the light sabers in the conference room, to one of the staff showing up with a dodge ball.....well on Tuesday the interesting event was that there was a gas leak in the building about 10 minutes after I got there, so we had to be evacuated.  There I was in my business suit and heels, hiking down ten stories while fire fighters hurried to clear the building.  Needless to say, the meeting was cut somewhat short......which leads me to this: 
Mint Lemonade.

What, you may ask, does mint lemonade have to do with anything?? I will tell you:  It is the most refreshing summer beverage EVER, and after hiking down ten stories in highly uncomfortable wedge heels, I was in need of something thirst quenching, and this is what I settled on. SO.FREAKING.GOOD.  I now have an offical summer go-to beverage. And that makes me happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment