Saturday, August 18, 2012

Growing up, Growing out

Not sure if anyone is even still reading this, since I have done such a crappy job of updating, but I am trying to get back into the swing of things, so here I am.

First, the growing up part.  Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I hate it.  I love that I have a job that I care a lot about.  I love that what I do is making a difference for people. I love feeling like I am contributing something positive to the world. I hate paying bills.  I hate getting older, and chubbier and more cynical. I hate that half of the bands I grew up listening to are totally obselete. :P I vividly remember being like 16 and being SO impatient to get older, have my parents off my ass, and be able to call the shots.  Sadly, now that I actually AM older, I wish that my parents were around more, and someone else is still calling the shots, so 16-year-old-self; How do you like them apples?

As for the growing out part....I hope that is reversible. I finally decided about a week and a half ago that for as often as I complained about the fact that I was getting fat, I did very little about it. Complaining is easier than exercising. :P  SO, I finally smacked some sense into myself and signed up for MyFitnessPal, began tracking all of my food and exercise, and have been finishing under my calorie goal every day!  I haven't really seen much by way of results yet, but I am proud of myself for doing it.  I have also done some form of work out for 8 of the last 11 days.  J started doing P90X with me, and it is kicking my ass, but I am confident that someday I will be able to do all of the videos.  I love feeling the burn!

SO - that was probably among the most lame and pointless updates I have posted, but if you are still reading this blog, you must like me at least a little bit, and will consider letting this one slide. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment